Client: Wheelys Café
Wheelys is a Y Combinator-backed startup from Sweden. In a nutshell, they created an affordable food truck franchise that can be purchased by young business owners around the world. The company is growing at an unbelievable rate.
Needs: Three months of temporary social media help during the midst of another round of funding and the launch of a product launch/crowdfunding campaign for Wheelys 4: The Green Warrior. Their Twitter and Instagram presences in particular had been neglected and needed attention. They were also in need of a social media strategy, which had slipped through the cracks during their fast growth.
- Social media growth over three months: Gained 800+ Insta followers (72% growth), 300+ Twitter followers (35% growth), and almost 7k Facebook followers (238% growth).
- Increased Instagram frequency to two posts per day; created an extensive list of hashtags to attract both coffee lovers (potential customers) and entrepreneurs (potential owners); created poster-like images on Canva with coffee lover quotes to increase followers
- Tracked and shared content created by Wheelys Café owners and encouraged the network of Wheelys Café owners across 50+ countries around the world to join in.
- Devised a strategy and priorities for both Wheelys Café corporate social media presence and the individual Wheelys Café owners local social media presences
- Ran contests to increase followers and engagement including a contest where users submitted ideas for Wheelys Café’s official slogan
- Frequently updated all social networks throughout life of crowdfunding campaign; updating users on which rewards remain; campaign sold out within 2 weeks.
- Provided on-call copyediting for all investor and consumer-facing materials since English is not their first language.